These rules outline a promotion by the Kansas Lottery that begins on March 1, 2017. Drawings occur every month starting March 31, and winners will be announced as outlined in the table below. During the promotional period, participants may access and play an interactive crossword game through either a personal computer with an internet connection or with a mobile device using the Kansas Lottery Crossword mobile app. By submitting the unique App Code sequence from eligible non-winning #640 $100,000 Crossword scratch tickets, participants may access and play an interactive game for chances to win second chance draw entries.
Apple is not a sponsor of this promotion.
- Crossword App - the free mobile device app created for this promotion that participants can download at the app marketplace. The Crossword app is only compatible with mobile devices.
- Crossword Game - the internet or mobile-based Crossword game offered to participants in this promotion.
- Crossword Game Outcome - the combination of words and moneybag feature revealed in the Crossword puzzle and the corresponding prize that is assigned to each App Code. There will be eighteen (18) possible interactive game outcomes.
- Eligible Ticket - a non-winning #640 $100,000 Crossword ticket:
- Game Number - the 3-digit number printed on the front and back of each eligible ticket.
- Interactive Game - Collectively refers to the internet and mobile-based crossword games offered to participants in this promotion.
- KSCrossword.com - the website created for this promotion that provides participants with all the functionality necessary to participate in the promotion from a personal computer.
- PlayOn® Entries - entries assigned to an individual player with no cash value that are earned or accrued by participating in Lottery promotions as defined by the Director.
- App Code - the unique and randomly assigned 13-character alphanumeric code concealed beneath the scratch-off material of every ticket.
- A participant can gain access and play the interactive game in any of the following ways:
- By accessing www.kslottery.com via a personal computer and either logging into his or her existing PlayOn account or registering as a new member, and then selecting the hyperlink specifically developed for the purpose of accessing the interactive game.
- By accessing www.kscrossword.com via a personal computer and either logging into his or her existing PlayOn account or registering as a new member.
- By downloading and installing the Crossword mobile app.
- A participant will be required to submit one (1) eligible App Code in order to access and play the crossword game for entries. Each number sequence allows the participant to play the game one (1) time.
- Each crossword game outcome is predetermined and governed by the App Code submitted by the participant.
- All crossword games that are interrupted can be replayed by selecting the Complete Previous Games Menu option.
- Only App Codes found on Eligible Tickets are valid for entry or from promotional materials provided by the Kansas Lottery.
- Each eligible App Code may be submitted only one (1) time in this promotion, regardless of the device used to access the interactive game.
- Each eligible App Code has been pre-assigned one (1) crossword game outcome and is valid for one (1) interactive game play.
- Each participant may view the App Codes that he or she has submitted and the history of the entries he or she has won, if any, by viewing the Account History screen in the Kansas Crossword app or by logging into the crossword site using his or her PlayOn account and accessing the appropriate page in the website.
- Participants may select one of the "Play for Fun" versions of the interactive game. Membership in PlayOn is required to access the "Play for Fun" versions of the interactive game. Prizes are not awarded in the "Play for Fun" versions of the game.
CROSSWORD GAME DESCRIPTION
- The Crossword game play area will consist of the following:
- One (1) crossword puzzle consisting of nineteen (19) unique words, each letter of which is obscured by a transparent covering.
- Twenty (20) unique Call Letter spots, each of which is hidden behind a "Dollar" symbol. A minimum of three (3) vowels will be included in the Call Letters.
- One (1) PRIZES button. When selected this button reveals the game prize table.
- One (1) HINT button. Each time this button is selected, one (1) matching letter in the crossword puzzle that has not been selected will be highlighted.
- One (1) REVEAL button. When selected this button will complete the puzzle by revealing the Interactive game Outcome assigned to the App Code submitted by the participant, along with any prize award.
- One (1) QUIT button. When selected this button will pause the game and return the participant to the Home screen.
- LETTERS TO FIND counter. Set to the number of total letters to find for each interactive game and decreases by one (1) for each letter matched in the puzzle.
- WORDS MATCHED counter. Set to zero (0) at the start of the game and increases by one (1) for each complete word revealed in the puzzle.
- DOUBLER REVEALED. Set to ‘-’ if the doubler letter has not been revealed and set to the doubler letter after it has been revealed.
- Play begins when the participant selects one (1) of the Call Letter spots to reveal a letter. Participant then selects any matching letters found in the crossword puzzle by tapping or clicking each matching letter to remove the transparent covering on that letter. The remaining Call Letter symbols may be selected in any order.
- At any time during the game, a participant may select the HINT button to highlight one (1) matching letter in the puzzle that has not yet been selected, if one is available. If a matching letter is not available, the next Call Letter spot will be highlighted.
- One (1) to ten (10) completed words will be revealed in each Interactive game.
- Each Crossword Game will conclude when all twenty (20) Call Letters and all matching letters in the crossword puzzle have been revealed.
- At the conclusion of each Crossword Game, a message will be displayed indicating that the game outcome resulted in either a non-winning experience (Play for Fun) or a prize-winning experience along with the prize associated with that outcome.
PRIZES AND DETERMINATION OF PRIZE WINNERS
- A complete word must appear in an unbroken horizontal or vertical sequence of letters within the crossword puzzle from left to right or top to bottom. Only letters within the crossword puzzle that are matched with the Call Letters can be used to form a complete word. In the crossword puzzle, every lettered square within an unbroken horizontal or vertical sequence must be matched with a Call Letter to be considered a complete word. The entire word must be uncovered and the word must be reflected in the list of words approved by the Kansas Lottery for use in Crossword games. A completed word may not be formed by using a portion of another word. Words within words are not eligible for a prize.
- Second chance entries awarded in this promotion will be automatically credited to the prize winner's PlayOn account.
- Only upon completing the interactive game will a participant be awarded the predetermined entries when Playing for Prizes.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SECOND CHANCE PROMOTION
- Must be a Kansas Lottery PlayOn member.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must use eligible non-winning #640 $100,000 Crossword tickets for entry.
- Eligible Tickets from game #640 $100,000 Crossword may be submitted from March 1, 2017 through Noon December 31, 2017. Game #640 $100,000 Crossword scratch tickets sold after the final entry deadline of Noon December 31, 2017 will not be eligible for this promotion.
- Upon reasonable notice, the Director may announce a change to this or any other promotion offered by the Kansas Lottery at any time.
There will be ten (10) drawings conducted with the Beginning Entry Dates, Entry Deadline Dates and Drawing Date listed below.
||BEGINNING ENTRY DATES
||ENTRY DEADLINE DATES
||WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT DATE
||5:00 AM CST March 1, 2017
||11:59 AM CST March 31, 2017
April 7, 2017
||12:00 PM CST March 31, 2017
||11:59 AM CST April 30, 2017
May 5, 2017
||12:00 PM CST April 30, 2017
||11:59 AM CST May 31, 2017
June 2, 2017
||12:00 PM CST May 31, 2017
||11:59 AM CST June 30, 2017
July 7, 2017
||12:00 PM CST June 30, 2017
||11:59 AM CST July 31, 2017
August 4, 2017
||12:00 PM CST July 31, 2017
||11:59 AM CST August 31, 2017
September 8, 2017
||12:00 PM CST August 31, 2017
||11:59 AM CST September 30, 2017
October 6, 2017
||12:00 PM CST September 30, 2017
||11:59 AM CST October 31, 2017
November 3, 2017
||12:00 PM CST October 31, 2017
||11:59 AM CST November 30, 2017
December 8, 2017
||12:00 PM CST November 30, 2017
||11:59 AM CST December 31, 2017
January 5, 2018
RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
- Must be a Kansas Lottery PlayOn member to participate. It is FREE to join!
- These prize packages are subject to all official rules and restrictions for this drawing, all rules and regulations of the Kansas Lottery, State and Federal law.
- By becoming a member of PlayOn and entering into this second chance drawing, the player is giving written permission to publicly identify their name should their entry be drawn.
- Only $10 non-winning #640 $100,000 Crossword will be eligible for the second chance promotion.
- Each ticket may only be used once as an eligible entry.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- Prizes will be delivered through the USPS in the form of a printable coupon redeemable at any Kansas Lottery retailer.
- Players may enter the drawing as often as they wish, but may win only one prize package in each drawing.
- Visit www.kslottery.com for details or see the how-to-play.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Need not be present to win.
- Kansas Lottery is not responsible for electronic malfunction or player error.
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.